Peppermint Patties, After Eights, Junior Mints – whatever you want to call this white, creamy minty deliciousness surrounded by dark chocolate, it is a sweet party in your mouth! And luckily, you can have those peppermint patties even gluten free, sugar free and vegan – here is how:
RECIPE FOR RAW VEGAN AFTER EIGHT PEPPERMINT PATTIES:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 TBSP coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours
- 8-10 drops stevia or any other sweetener, to taste
- 8-10 drops essential peppermint oil, organic, ideally therapeutic grade (or peppermint extract), to taste
- 3/4 cup raw chocolate (or any dark chocolate of your choice)
1. Melt coconut oil in your dehydrator, on your radiator, or in a bain marie.
2. Grind coconut flakes to flour.
3. Add cashews, sweetener and coconut oil.
4. Blend til smooth.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes or so if the dough is too liquid to form patties.
Once the dough is firm enough, remove it from the fridge and shape dollar-sized patties.
Place the patties in your freezer and start melting your chocolate.
Once the chocolate is melted, the patties should be pretty cold – this will help the chocolate to solidify faster.
Get the patties out of the freezer and dip them into chocolate and let the excess chocolate drip off on parchment paper.
Store refrigerated for up to 1 month.