This meal is a reward on its own – see how good you can feel, how much more you enjoy life when eating the right things!
The pomegranate in here adds just the right touch of tart sweetness to this easy veggie wrap.
I like them best with the kale and mushrooms still warm – a truly satisfying meal!
makes 4 wraps
1 large or 2 small shallots, sliced thinly
1 medium leek, white and light green part only (use the darker part for cashew cheese or creamy soup)
4 C of (mixed) mushrooms, such as champignons, porcini or shiitake
2 TBSP olive oil
1/4 tsp sea salt
black pepper to taste
1 bunch of curly kale, stemmed and coarsely chopped
1/2 C pomegranate seeds
1/2 C almond feta cheese
4 collard leaves or raw wraps
1. Make the feta the day before. Make a lot. You will find yourself crumbling it over Greek Salad, spreading it onto crackers, or simply gobbling it down as is.
Also, if you want to use raw wraps, make them the day before as well. Again, you can make more and store them in a zip-lock bag or even freeze them (as if there would ever be leftovers 🙂 )
2. Clean and slice shallots and leek into rings. Slice mushrooms. De-stem kale and chop it coarsely.
3. Place shallots, leek, mushrooms and kale in a bowl, season with salt and pepper, coat with olive oil.
4. Optional: dehydrate for 1 hour. This will not only warm it up but also soften the ingredients.
5. Lay out one collard leaf or one wrap and place 1/4 of the warm veggies on the lower third of it.
6. Crumble feta and some pomegranate seeds in between.
7. Fold like a burrito – fold in the left and right end of the wrap, then roll it up starting at the filled end and secure it with tooth picks.
Alternative: Serve the recipe “unwrapped”, as a warm salad or toss the marinated veggies with some zucchini pasta or kelp noodles and crumble the cheese on top.